Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

Anderson will be about 10 1/2 months old when Halloween rolls around. I've been thinking about what his costume should be for a while now, and my husband and I have decided on the cowardly lion from The Wizard of Oz.  Of course, we want to dress up too and go out with the same theme!  So, I will be Dorothy and Jared will be the scarecrow.

On Sunday, I went to Joann Fabrics with my mom and my younger brother's girlfriend, and we rounded up all the materials necessary for my mom to make a super awesome lion costume for Anderson.  My mom made costumes for me and my brothers when we were young, and luckily for me she's going to continue that tradition with her grandchildren.  Perhaps unluckily for her, I picked the most detailed pattern of the bunch (McCall's).  Look at all those ribbons necessary for the mane!  But it was the cutest one and I know she's up to the challenge!

So yes, it's only August and Halloween is a while away, but I'm super excited to get all gussied-up and go trick-or-treating with my little lion!

No comments: