Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Music To My Ears...And Maybe To Yours As Well...

Personal background: I love music.

And luckily, I have this great friend who is ever willing to school me in all things related to the indie music scene. Over the last several years he's been kind enough to compile for me numerous mix cds and pass along bunches of other tunes. Then, a couple of weeks ago, I became the proud owner of 73 (mostly) new-to-me songs. I'm just about done listening to them all and I texted my friend today to say that with the exception of a few tracks I totally loved the selection. In fact, I said, I think this was the best effort he had made. Mind you, that statement was saying a lot, because I've had some awesome music come my way from his direction.

Who are these awesome bands you ask? Well, I'm more than happy to pass along the goodness that is this playlist. So, feast your eyes! And here's to hoping that you find something you like too! Honestly, I would be amazed if you couldn't...

ARTISTS
Andrew Bird
Arcade Fire
Beach House
Blitzen Trapper
Damien Jurado
David Bazan
The Heligoats
Maps & Atlases
mewithoutyou
Midlake
The Mountain Goats
Mumford & Sons
The National
Sea Wolf
Shearwater
Sufjan Stevens
The Wooden Birds

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES. Super glad that you're a Mumford & Sons fan. And Sufjan is an eternal favorite, not to mention Andrew Bird and The National... I'll have to check out some of the others.
Now I have to burn you and Lauren cds of The Civil Wars. They're having a show at The Ark in April and we should probs go.